Is anyone having Samsung Galaxy S5 video recording sound problems?

galaxy5gal

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S5 video recording sound problems

Is anyone else having problems with the sound quality of their video recordings?
I have a lot of background noise even in the quietest of rooms.
I exchanged my Galaxy S5 after a week because everyone kept saying I sounded muffled and my voicemail sounded muffled too. Verizon swapped me into a new S5 and although the sound of my voice and voicemail are better, the video recording sounds are horrible. If the subject is talking it the background noise takes away from the voice. in a quiet room, still noise even though there is no fan or a/c going and windows are closed. I have enabled the noise reduction in the call sound setting but it doesn't help. Anyone?

freckles1964

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 video recording sound problems

I am! Just got my second Samsung Galaxy s5 and it's exactly the same. It has this loud white noise during recordings. Did you get your problem resolved?

Absalonius

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
My wife's S5 is doing the same thing. At first we thought, it was really picking up the AC. but we tried recording in a quiet room, and it sounded horrible. Anyone ever get a fix for this? is a defective unit or is it just the way the S5 operates?

Dennis Vice

May 19, 2015
Visit site
The problem can not be fixed from settings neither by trying alternative camera apps.

When recording with the front view cam there is lower white noise.

When recording while having the handsfree conected (uses hands free mic) the sound is great + you can use it as remote for start stop video :)

Hope it helps

Miln Szlobodnik

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
so this is white noise :)

i can't believe we have to use "'solutions" like this with such an expensive smartphone :\

but thanks for the tip, it really does work. Am I the only one having this problem? I've heard excellent audio recordings on youtube from samsung gs5 users. why do i have it and they don't? there must be a real solution.... if everyone else had this problem, they would complain about it, and that would be really bad for samsung. but this is not the case, so i strongly believe its my device's fault.

check this out for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjwM4uY0lbc

my version is SM-G900F by the way..

Miln Szlobodnik

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I was sure the reconfiguring things wont work so i wrote them a letter...explained them what my problem was, and i told them i tried to reset the phone, but even hard reset didnt work... so they had to change some hardwares...funny thing is that they did this once, i had a new microphone and i still had the hissing sound.....then when they replaced more stuff inside (LCD screen, coax cable, etc, because my phone was damaged by water by the fault of a local service...- but this is another story :))