Have you ever called 911?

Parham Goudarzi

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi all. Sorry for being off-forum! But I was kinda being curios. Have you ever called 911?(Wish it's not going to happen again) And what was the cause of it? And how did the operator help you?

Posted via the Android Central App

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi all. Sorry for being off-forum! But I was kinda being curios. Have you ever called 911?(Wish it's not going to happen again) And what was the cause of it? And how did the operator help you?

Nope not even when i ate a samsung phone ! not the best taste though and the battery as well. not the best idea though!

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

Many times. When a burglar was kicking in my neighbor's back door. Multiple times when I was driving to my night shift job to report drunk drivers. Reporting several accidents on my way to work. Reporting a cow on the freeway one night. I've always been impressed that the phone is usually pretty accurate at connecting me to the correct local authorities. Sometimes there is some confusion when near a county line.

appliancejunk

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I have called a few times. Called about a car fire, car accidents, drunk drivers and maybe other things I have since forgot about. Never a bad experience calling.

Posted via Galaxy s5

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Many times, my wife is a Type II Diabetic and has had some severe complications that required hospitalization.

We have always been fortunate to receive fast service from very experienced First Responders.

Unfortunately, they now call my wife by name w/o having to ask her.

WBSnow

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Funny - in a good way - this topic was brought up. This past weekend, called three times for a member of my family, twice for my Dad and one for my Brother.

The local police and fire know us by name and address, which is also kind of amusing. When the fire department picks up the phone, and ask for our address, they're asking who needs the assistance in the house by name and them what's wrong. It's at this time I hear the sirens around the corner.

Yes, they know our names. We often times take up to the fire department food or drinks (soda, etc.) for the crews in appreciation.