I used to be able to hover my hand over my phone to unlock to lock screen

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
it's mainly just to see what time it is or something...

I didn't make any changes...

I've restarted the phone several times...

I miss that feature.

Jon is sad. Help Jon.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The only other option I recall was to see if you had missed notifications at a glance when reaching for the phone... but that doesn't go to your lockscreen, that's a different kind of lockscreen notification with a very nice animation. :S

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
The only other option I recall was to see if you had missed notifications at a glance when reaching for the phone... but that doesn't go to your lockscreen, that's a different kind of lockscreen notification with a very nice animation. :S

Found it...
How Do I Turn On My Galaxy S5 Screen Without Pressing the Home Button? | a Tech-Recipes Tutorial

For whatever reason, my S5 changes settings on me.....turns wifi off sometimes...turned off air view, turned off scrolling etc....I have to go back into my phone once or twice a month and adjust all the settings....

Tired of this S**T lol

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's odd. The only time I've had a phone with vanishing settings is when I updated something or a phone that would factory reset itself every time it ran out of battery (it was a cheapo LG Android they gave me at work a couple of years ago)

alam18305

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi I have bought a samsung mhl 2.0 adapter from eBay but not sure if it's geniune. Tried it on my samsung alpha doesn't even recognise it however tried the adapter on a s5 it's recognised. Can anyone advise me if there is a cable I could use to connect my phone to a tv? Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi I have bought a samsung mhl 2.0 adapter from eBay but not sure if it's geniune. Tried it on my samsung alpha doesn't even recognise it however tried the adapter on a s5 it's recognised. Can anyone advise me if there is a cable I could use to connect my phone to a tv? Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

Ummm... not sure why'd you post that here, but I already answered in your original thread :) Unfortunately, the Alpha doesn't have MHL support, so you can't output video via the USB port. Wireless mirroring to a Smart TV or a device like Chromecast is your only option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa