Why won't my Galaxy S5 complete updating?

chjac

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy s5 won't complete update

For weeks now, when I try and update the firmware, all goes well until the phone must shut down and restart to complete the update. My guess is that the WiFi is interrupted and that is why it cannot complete, but I also can't find a way to keep the WiFi connected. I haven't had any luck connecting with Kies either. Is there any way to get my firmware updated?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy s5 won't complete update

Welcome to Android Central! That shouldn't matter. What happens when it's supposed to shut down and restart? Does it shut down and not restart at all?

Try wiping the system cache partition first, then try the update again: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10404

Drunder40

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy s5 won't complete update

You can try this method. I hope it will work.
Make sure your phone is connected to wi-fi. Simply pull down the notification area and press the leftmost button named Wi-Fi. Alternately you could do this using mobile data but this could get expensive if you are not on a data plan with your operator.
Press the apps icon to take you to your apps.
Find and press the settings icon to take you to the settings menu.
Scroll down, close to the bottom of the screen and press the About Device.
At the top there is a tab named Software update, press it.
On the next screen there is a tab named Update, press that one.
Your phone will now connect to the Samsung servers and if there is a update available the upgrade should start imminently.

I am pretty sure Software/Firmware downloads via Mobile data are not charged to your mobile usage.. at least that's the way it is for Verizon..

Travo79

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Are you rooted and running a custom ROM? If you are your phone will download OTA updates but will fail when trying to install.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo