Verizon 4G network extender in home.

omawb

Feb 19, 2023
Visit site
Well, I'm already on 6.1, and don't see this option available. It appears that this may not apply to Verizon phones, unless I'm not looking in the right place. I believe this has been discussed elsewhere, where it is present for other carriers, but not Verizon. I hope I'm wrong...
I am also on Verizon and I do have both 5 G options available in Mobile Networks. I can toggle on or off. Yes, I am on 6.1

DLCPhototography

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
That looks to be one click too many. The options are directly in Mobile Networks. Network Operators is another option on the same page (See my screeshot above) Otherwise, are you 100% sure you updated to 6.1? (It literally just came out the other day and you may have to check for updates to get it to download). It was definitely NOT there before the update to 6.1.

Verizon had this locked down before. Verizon phones are automatically unlocked after 30 days. So, it is nothing to do with locked vs unlocked. It is all about the verizon specific firmware.

Update info, released 3/27 https://www.verizon.com/support/samsung-galaxy-s23-ultra-update/
I am also on Verizon and I do have both 5 G options available in Mobile Networks. I can toggle on or off. Yes, I am on 6.1
Curiouser and curiouser....

I've attached screenshots that show what I'm seeing now.

I'm just not seeing it yet. I wonder if I have to have them unlock it to show up?

If I'm being stupid and dense here, please show me where I'm going wrong, but it seems to be showing One UI Version 6.1, and the page where you're seeing the 5G options, those are just not showing up (yet?).

Attachments

• 2024-03-29 20.44.56.jpg
    2024-03-29 20.44.56.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 2024-03-29 20.45.28.jpg
    2024-03-29 20.45.28.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 9

kikbxr1969

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
That link that shows the 5G option present is Update # 15 for the S23 Ultra. I received Update # 3 for the S24 Ultra, just this morning, and even in the description, the 5G option is not mentioned.

So it appears it hasn't been implemented yet for the S24 Ultra.
Really odd that the S24 doesn't have an option the S23 has. Assumed you were on the S23 in this forum.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I actually did start a similar thread in the S24 section, but found this one on the same topic, so have participated here.

But yes, quite odd. Maybe it will be coming...
Yes, quite odd.
What may be coming are substantial fines & penalties to pay, for sort of shanghaiing this S23 thread ! :LOL: But fear not; we won't report it. ;)
Have you found out if you can get yours unlocked?

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
That link that shows the 5G option present is Update # 15 for the S23 Ultra. I received Update # 3 for the S24 Ultra, just this morning, and even in the description, the 5G option is not mentioned.

So it appears it hasn't been implemented yet for the S24 Ultra.
I thought you were on an S23 Ultra too. This lends creedence to my theory that something snuck past the monitors at Verizon just for this one update for this one phone (S23 Ultra)

I'm sure Verizon will catch on soon enough and remove the option. They wouldn't want us loyal customers to have too many options with our $1000+ equipment.

We should just consider ourselves lucky that they allow us to use the network at all...

kikbxr1969

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Good point, I may have to go to quick shortcut maker and see if I can make a shortcut so I can access it later like I do with the samsung cloud lockout.

DLCPhototography

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok, some follow up here. This hadn't worked before, but it did today: dialing *#*#4636#*#* brought in a phone info screen, which provides the ability to choose networks. What surprised me though is shown in the following screen capture - I had turned WiFi off, and my phone showed 5G, with maybe 2 bars, but this screen says the phone is using LTE.

I haven't made any changes in the "Preferred Network Type" yet, since this screen implies I am in fact already using LTE.

I don't understand why the phone connection icon says "5G" while this info screen shows the Voice and Network Type to be LTE.

What am I missing?

Attachments

• 2024-03-31 16.55.43.jpg
    2024-03-31 16.55.43.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 9

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm. :unsure: Your *#*#4636#*#* doesn't work on our Xfinity Mobile's.
#0# doesn't work either.

Took me a long time to find any codes that actually do work on my XfiMo S23+.
Finally found *#0011# ... which brings up the 'Service Mode': SIM 1 & SIM 2 info (but also always a "Connection problem or invalid MMI code" - "OK" pop-up).

Is 'SIM 2' probably the eSim?
This is 'SIM 1':
Screenshot of Service mode RIL.jpg
. . . hope there's not something I should've blacked-out there ☝️😱

And here's hoping you get it sorted out.

Last edited:

DLCPhototography

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm. :unsure: Your *#*#4636#*#* doesn't work on our Xfinity Mobile's.
#0# doesn't work either.

Took me a long time to find any codes that actually do work on my XfiMo S23+.
Finally found *#0011# ... which brings up the 'Service Mode': SIM 1 & SIM 2 info (but also always a "Connection problem or invalid MMI code" - "OK" pop-up).

Is 'SIM 2' probably the eSim?
This is 'SIM 1':

. . . hope there's not something I should've blacked-out there ☝️😱

And here's hoping you get it sorted out.
I only have an eSIM on my phone; no physical SIM card. Regarding the codes, I had read someone stating that it only worked with the Google Dialer app, not the Samsung one. I installed that a while back, but it still didn't work. I was surprised that it did this time. Maybe rebooting the phone, and/or the recent System Update did something.

Reactions: winmod21