How to transfer a movie file from my PC to Samsung Galaxy S5?

aidanea

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I recently bought a movie on my computer and want to view it on my phone. I converted so that the file is compatible with my phone. How can I transfer the file so that I can view it in the Google Play Movies app, rather than the Samsung video app?

shortwave8669

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I recently bought a movie on my computer and want to view it on my phone. I converted so that the file is compatible with my phone. How can I transfer the file so that I can view it in the Google Play Movies app, rather than the Samsung video app?

You have a few methods. But since you are using a Samsung device you can simply use the Samsung Kies 3 software on your PC to send a copy of the movie file to your smartphone.

1. Connect Samsung to the PC via USB cable
2. Launch Kies
3. Highlight the VIDEO option under LIBRARY on the left menu tree
4. At left top of the Kies window select the command FILE > Add File to (device name)> choose between INTERNAL or EXTERNAL memory command on the menu bar of KIES
5. Navigate to the movie file on your PC in the explorer window that opens. Click the OPEN button to start the file transfer

aidanea

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Thank you.
That does work, but the video ends up in the Samsung video app. Is there a way I can get the movie into my Google Play library so I can view it in the Play Movies and TV app?

clemon479

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Thank you.
That does work, but the video ends up in the Samsung video app. Is there a way I can get the movie into my Google Play library so I can view it in the Play Movies and TV app?

I do not believe this is possible. That app and others that are similar (Vudu, amazon instant video) Will only play files of their type.

Posted via the Android Central App

Camilo

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Thank you.

If, by any chance the reason you want to use the Google Play Movies app to play the movie so you can stream it to Chromecast, there's an app called Aviate that I've been using that works with Chromecast. It's not the best player I've ever used, but it does play movies, can stream them to Chromecast, and is a music player, etc. I can't remember if it cost me a couple of bucks, but if it did, I gladly payed it because I store movies on my phone and tablet all the time and stream to Chromecast frequently.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty