Straight talk wireless

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking about changing my plan to Straight Talk wireless instead of verizon. Please advise if you've had any experience with this service.

Mario

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I used it for over a year. No problems, except remembering to renew every month. (They send you emails, but sometimes I'd get pulled away from the computer and forget that I'd just read that my account was running out in a few days.) About the oonly reason I'm with AT&T now is that I moved, Iwas using Sprint with Straight Talk, and they don't have coverage where I need it here. (And AT&T service is walk-in and local [and good], which does influence me a little.) If you switch to Straight Talk, learn their Facebook page, in case you need tech support. The people on the phone aren't in the same class as the people on the Facebook page.

But for a Verizon phone, go to Straight Talk Compatibility Test and make sure that your particular handset is eligible for use on Straight Talk. (It's actually up to Verizon - it depends on the plan it was on when it was on their account.)

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I am on Verizon now. They won't increase my data beyond the 500mg I'm using now without charging me an arm and a leg. I don't want to change carriers unless it's to AT&T because of their network. What do you think?

Mario

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Have been using Straight Talk for 3 years and am completely satisfied but always with unlocked GSM phones. Verizon phones are CDMA but are GSM unlocked. Not sure how that works with ST. Is your phone unlocked? Rukbat is right... Their Facebook page is the best way to get info. I use their AT&T sim card. I've read there are some MMS issues with Verizon phones on Straight Talk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biggles