Tapped Icons dont vibrate on S5?

wtfcizz

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I’ve been struggling all morning trying to get my S5 to vibrate when icons are tapped on “Vibrate” sound mode to no avail.

Is there anything I can do to enable this feature? Please help. Unless I must have dreamed this feature was available all this time along. I swear I have felt my icons vibrate when tapped. Matter of fact, anytime I tapped any icon, I'm sure the phone lightly vibrates to indicate success, when I first had my phone but it's not working any more.

Please advise

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't recall my S5 ever doing that, and never wanted it too anyway.

It is obvious that it has occurred.

You either do a Long Press and the screen changes and you drag/drop or edit/uninstall/

/or/

you do a short tap and the icon activates.

You can change the activation time required... I think the range is about 0.1 to 0.4 seconds.

wtfcizz

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your response AZ. Can you do a quick favour for me and put your phone on "vibrate" and see if that feature was ever available? I mean when my sound is ON and I press any icons, I get that tone after every click, so I figured it'd be the same for vibrate? Please let me know as concrete proof if you're able to feel the vibration as per my request.

Thanks

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I turned on "Vibrate when tapped", but that does not cause any vibrate feedback when an icon is clicked.

The typing keyboard vibrates though now. I don't like that, uses too much battery.
what you can do, and it is very annoying to me, is to turn on "touch screen sounds".

every time you touch the screen, it makes a very irritating noise.

now that is Solid Feedback with a capital F

i took it off fast.

wtfcizz

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for validating that vibration tap feature never existed. I really got myself confused lol....I appreciate your timely responses to my queries. Have a great day!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87