Automatic switch to vibrate

neodoc427

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Hello, everyone:

I recently upgraded from a Pixel 2XL to a 6 Pro, and thus far, I'm pleased with the upgrade. There is, however, one thing that happens on the 6 Pro (still running Android 12; waiting for update) that is strange. When I use the Quick Phrase "Answer" to answer the phone, it changes to vibrate. I then have to go through multiple steps in Settings to change the ringer volume back to where it was. Has this happened to any of you? Is there a way to have a ringer setting on the desktop for quick access? On my 2XL I remember I had downloaded a widget that had a virtual toggle switch with which I could set the ringer to vibrate or silent. There was another one for Wi-Fi. Early on, I downloaded these to the 6 Pro, but they didn't work. For now, I have just turned off the Quick Phrase feature and answer the phone the "old fashioned way." Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I used that feature all the time at home on my Moto X Pure Edition... loved it. I'm looking forward to using it on my next pixel :D I hope they get it working properly on the 6 or 7, that's one of the biggest features I'm looking forward to :p

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Hello, everyone:

I recently upgraded from a Pixel 2XL to a 6 Pro, and thus far, I'm pleased with the upgrade. There is, however, one thing that happens on the 6 Pro (still running Android 12; waiting for update) that is strange. When I use the Quick Phrase "Answer" to answer the phone, it changes to vibrate. I then have to go through multiple steps in Settings to change the ringer volume back to where it was. Has this happened to any of you? Is there a way to have a ringer setting on the desktop for quick access? On my 2XL I remember I had downloaded a widget that had a virtual toggle switch with which I could set the ringer to vibrate or silent. There was another one for Wi-Fi. Early on, I downloaded these to the 6 Pro, but they didn't work. For now, I have just turned off the Quick Phrase feature and answer the phone the "old fashioned way." Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
I have a Pixel 6 Pro (it's on Android 13) and I'll give that a test later when I get a phone call. I'll report back.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shirlysmith44