Upgraded to Lollipop and Downtime option missing

jasontuk

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Just swapped my Lumia 920 for a Galaxy S5, my first Android phone, and loving it! Standard unlocked UK model running on 3. Upgraded to Liollipop over Kies yesterday and been having the same problem everyone else has looking for a 'sleep mode'. I now understand I need to use Interruptions instead but I'm not getting the option to set Downtime like all the tutorials show. I've attached a screenshot to show I'm not going mad! I've tried a soft reset by removing the battery. Anyone else have this problem or a solution?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-18-14-20-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-18-14-20-52.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 99

Arfer99

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Me too. I have tweeted to Samsung Mobile UK and posted on their support forum. Nothing heard yet.

I wonder if they have crippled the OS ? :'(

Arfer99

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Samsung Mobile Support told me tonight that they have a problem with the Lollipop update . they are working on a fix for the missing downtime options and will release an update soon.

jasontuk

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Samsung Mobile Support told me tonight that they have a problem with the Lollipop update . they are working on a fix for the missing downtime options and will release an update soon.

Given I couldn't find anything about this in any of the forums and you're the only person to reply, this appears to be a relatively uncommon problem. Don't take this the wrong way but I'm so relieved someone else has the same issue - I thought I must've messed something up in the settings.

Thanks for the work you've done on this Arfer99 and great to hear a fix is on the way. I hope Samsung push it out quickly.

Adam Lo

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm currently facing the same problem, anyone of you know when the new update will be released? It's getting on my nerves not being able to turn off my notification while I sleep.

Jason Williams18

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I don't think this problem is limited - especially if Samsung UK have confirmed it as a bug with the upgrade. I am suffering from this as well - there are probably a load of people with the bug after the upgrade but perhaps never used blocking mode? Until the fix is released, I find the easiest thing to do is to set the Priority Interruptions as you need them (in my case, only allow phone calls - from all), and then add the "Priority" icon into your notification panel. Then when you plug in your phone at night and want to sleep like I do, quickly press the priority button in the notification panel so that the "star" is shown, and then switch this back off in the morning. It just means switching it on and off manually until the downtime option is available again. A real pain! However, at least I don't have my phone going off in the night unless someone calls me - and this only happens if someone urgently needs to wake me!

MPJ78

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. In Kitkat blocking mode option was simple and easy to use. Why they made upgrade to something which wasn't tested properly?

I lost today about 2 h to find the answer but no joy.

Very angry about that.

scuba05477

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Just swapped my Lumia 920 for a Galaxy S5, my first Android phone, and loving it! Standard unlocked UK model running on 3. Upgraded to Liollipop over Kies yesterday and been having the same problem everyone else has looking for a 'sleep mode'. I now understand I need to use Interruptions instead but I'm not getting the option to set Downtime like all the tutorials show. I've attached a screenshot to show I'm not going mad! I've tried a soft reset by removing the battery. Anyone else have this problem or a solution?

If you tap on "On Receiving Calls and Notifications " then select "Always Interrupt" does that open up the options you want? I think that worked for me. Worth a shot.

Posted via the Android Central App