S5 use SD card without user manually shifting stuff to it?

321Dee

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
My daughter has galaxy tab 2 and the one thing that really bugs me about is that we had to manually shift things to sd card. I thought tab would just do automatically. So got s5 yesterday v excited until i realise has only 16gb storage and we require sd card! Can anyone tell me does s5 automatically use sd card or do i have to manually move stuff over? It appears there is alot that wont save to sd card but hoping photos,video etc can be stored there.

Posted via the Android Central App

Detectionable

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
When you put an SDCard in the S5, it asks if you want to automatically save media to the SDCard or not, so when you hit yes, all camera media such as videos, photos etc are saved straight to the SDCard

Not sure about apps, my S5 is not rooted, but I have seen some apps are saving stuff to the SDCard instead of the phone, not many though

Would be a nice addition to have SDCard used a main storage, with ART, that 16GB suddenly is not so big any more - with my tab I can install literally hundreds of games and apps on a 16GB internal storage, with Lollipop and ART, I seem only to have about 30% of that storage - personally I'd happily revert back to DALVIK and have more room

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2