Vibration Pattern Since Lollipop

Alar Valdmann

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
I have an issue with my HTC ONE M8 which came about after the update to Android 5.0. The issue is that my phone vibrates when notification come. Sounds normal isnt it. Well the real issue is that it keeps on vibrating ever 15-20 sec till the time I see the notification. It is really irritating. I have deleted all the third party apps which might be creating any issue, switched off the vibration mode as well as when I run my phone on the silent mode still it vibrates. Please help me with this issue

Exactly the same problem with my HTC One M7. Anyone any ideas besides 3rd party?

candy_120

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
I was searching through my phone looking for a way to change the vibration pattern and i finally found a way to change it. Go to sounds and notifications, scroll all the way down to application notifications, select messaging and any other app that you would like to see the notifications for, and turn priority on. Hope this helped :)

acrylonjersey

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone, I received my upgrade to android 5 yesterday and am frustrated by the same lack of customization as you. I hope a future update restores this feature. By the way I have a samsung galaxy s5 with an s-view cover. I have noticed some features of the s-view are not functioning either.

Last edited:

zincmann

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same issue on my Verizon Galaxy Note 4. Very frustrating. I liked the double buzz for texts and there is no setting. Maybe if enough of us post about this issue we can get some changes

jessdK

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Exactly. Why should we have to use 3rd-party apps to restore basic features? Gah. I used that Light Flow app for a few days but uninstalled it because it wasn't always notifying me.

Balastrea

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Same issue here. Just updated a few days ago. Sprint Galaxy Note 3. VERY frustrating and irritating. Why would they remove this option?!? I've looked all through the settings and can't find anywhere to change "message" vibrate patterns. I need this option back please!!

Balastrea

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
This does not solve the Vibration "Pattern" at all. The original poster (and myself) would like to CHANGE the pattern of the vibration for the incoming messages. Not just enable or disable notifications. Why would they have taken this option away with Lollipop?? When my phone is on vibrate only, I want to know if I'm getting a Text or an email. Now with all vibrating notifications (as the original poster described) we get the same single long vibration with no way to distinguish what the notification is for. Very frustrating!! I would like to customize the pattern per app and even per contact of incoming messages so that you know without looking at your screen exactly what/who the notification is for/from.

Snow00

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
This does not solve the Vibration "Pattern" at all. The original poster (and myself) would like to CHANGE the pattern of the vibration for the incoming messages. Not just enable or disable notifications. Why would they have taken this option away with Lollipop?? When my phone is on vibrate only, I want to know if I'm getting a Text or an email. Now with all vibrating notifications (as the original poster described) we get the same single long vibration with no way to distinguish what the notification is for. Very frustrating!! I would like to customize the pattern per app and even per contact of incoming messages so that you know without looking at your screen exactly what/who the notification is for/from.

Exactly! I hate this update.

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
How do we actually protest this? I mean, we're just invisible voices on the internet. I'd like to do something about it. What would be a practical first step? Change.org? I mean WTF can be done? The company is so huge it's not like we can just post on their social networking sites and complain.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I dislike this to but I don't think there is anything we can do I believe it's a lollipop thing.

Posted via the Android Central App

Angel Smith2

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I am having the EXACT SAME ANNOYING problem. And have done ALL the troubleshoots for it. Any more suggestions, because I don't want to have to use a 3rd party app either.

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
What troubles me more than the fact that they didn't give us the option to change it, is the fact that they checked this off as being ok during their rigorous testing phases.

BadAstronaut1

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I agree, overall the update is horrible. I hate the way it looks, my vibration patters are all over the place and it already froze and crashed when trying to change my wallpaper.

veebee1

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
This texting vibration is driving me crazy. I'm getting more annoyed every time someone sends me a text....and I just downloaded the new update an hour ago!!