No ringtones on phone S5

kiltylyn

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi
Having lots probs since updates to lollypop.. Main one for me is all sounds are working apart from ringtone . No matter who calls me no sound . No ringtone no matter what tune i chose in settings, can any one advice please?
Thanks

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I haven't encountered this issue. Have you tried turning off your phone, clearing out the cache partition, and turning it back on since updating? The only bug I've really noticed is that the volume controls on the side of the S5 don't always control media that is being played back, they control the notification settings for the phone. I also can't mute my S5 but have notifications come through on my Moto 360 like I could under 4.4.4 (even after setting up priority notifications). I don't like sitting my phone on my desk at work only to have it vibrate throughout the day when I can just read a text on my Moto 360. I can't do that now as muting the phone mutes everything.

So those are the things I have recently encountered, haven't noticed any other problem yet. I'm not sure

kiltylyn

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
thanks P-Devil , ta i did remove battery and memory card to reboot but nothing, missing calls here . cleared the cashe, still no ringtones, at a loss.. Is it the phone perhaps ? or do i take it back to factory settings do you think ?

Last edited:

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
The S5 doesn't need a music playing app in order for a ringtone to play. Try turning your phone, deleting the cache partition, and turning it back on. You do that by completely turning your phone off; turning it back on my holding the power, home, and volume up buttons until your phone vibrates and you see blue text (you can let go of everything after that); scrolling down to the "clear cache partition" option using the volume rocker on the side; selecting that option using the power button; scrolling back up to the top; and selecting reboot.

Does your phone vibrate when you set it to vibrate?

kiltylyn

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Done all you suggested , still wasn't ringing, next step was to factory reset , then forgot my password :( last night was going through all bit by bit , saw this star icon in settings , thinking it was my favourite contacts on , I was wrong , it was a not disturb icon which i had on , unchecked it and of course its ringing , whooo lol You would think a not disturb icon would be circle with line through it , NOT lol now to get the phone working the way i want, if you have a link to stop apps from loading at start up that would be helpful . Now i have found this forum think I will get there, thanks P-Devil for answering me, Im ringing lol

mrsbeata

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
I got the same problem. When chaning the sound settings, it makes sound for messages, media and Everything BUT ringtone. I had my headphones in my ears and STILL managed to miss a call. This is not even funny. Vibrate is fine, restart doesn't do anything. Clearing cash doesn't do anything.

SkaletYY

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
Done all you suggested , still wasn't ringing, next step was to factory reset , then forgot my password :( last night was going through all bit by bit , saw this star icon in settings , thinking it was my favourite contacts on , I was wrong , it was a not disturb icon which i had on , unchecked it and of course its ringing , whooo lol You would think a not disturb icon would be circle with line through it , NOT lol now to get the phone working the way i want, if you have a link to stop apps from loading at start up that would be helpful . Now i have found this forum think I will get there, thanks P-Devil for answering me, Im ringing lol

I got the same problem - thanks to you it is now solved!