galaxy s5 andriod does not seem to work well, how to fix

Martin Green2

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I have the Samsung galaxy S5 active AT&T service.
When I get a text sometimes it will play a tone and vibrate as it is supposed to. Other times only vibrate others I see the screen light up but not other indication. Other times it will play half a tone. The phone ringer plays at half volume for about a second then switches to full volume.

If I am on the phone the screen will become active and it takes my facial contact as being a button push so I get buttons on the phone.

All the apps that light up the screen make it so that while it is in my pocket and app will light up the screen and it may not turn off for a long time since it sees my leg as contact. This drains the battery.

Apps frequently get to the point where they fail and need to be restarted.

Android allows AT&T to turn off features and affect the phones operation which is really annoying when you lose and operating system feature that you were using like the hands free car mode.

I had the samsung windows phone and apple iphone and did not have any of these issues.

It seems like the lack of operating integration means that none of the apps share info and if you do something in one app that should affect the whole phone it does not. Personally I think unless there is something that can be done to make the phone more cohesive and just "work" this phone is going to have to be replaced.

Any ideas to make it work properly?

Martin Green2

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I did as you suggested, this is a brand new phone about 1 month, it has acted this way from the beginning. The wipe cache did not seem to help, right away a widget came up and says it cannot load.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, try booting into Safe Mode, which prevents all 3rd party apps from starting. If the problems persist in Safe Mode, then it's a problem with the system or the hardware. Safe Mode steps are at the bottom of that previous link.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty