How to get rid of Lollipop Notification

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Is there anyway to get rid of the 5.0 update on the notification bar? I downgraded back to 4.4.4 and this notification stays there. Now my husband has the S5 also but his never notified him that there was even an update but I sure would like to get rid of it on mine

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Your phone will update (and keep reminding you until it does) unless you freeze the update app (which you have to be rooted to do, of course).

Updates are staged - so many at a time. If your phone was at the beginning of the list and your husbands is at the end, it may be a few months before he starts getting notices (unless he already disabled the update app).

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I unchecked his( if that is what you mean) (no auto updating) as soon as I updated mine and saw that I was not going to like it and knew he wouldn't so his has not come back up yet. I am not sure I want to root as if they somehow they send out an bug fix on all these issues everyone is having I want to be able to get the update but not until if and when they get the bugs out.

jwbaldy

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Is there anyway to get rid of the 5.0 update on the notification bar? I downgraded back to 4.4.4 and this notification stays there. Now my husband has the S5 also but his never notified him that there was even an update but I sure would like to get rid of it on mine

Just swipe your notification bar down, long hold on the update notification and you'll see a little pop up that says app info. Select it and press force stop when you see the app info screen.

I signed up just for this post because I just found it. Lol