Lollipop lock screen questions

GoldenMolden

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
I have a Verizon Galaxy S5 with Lollipop 5.0. I have a couple of questions regarding the lock screen

1) I have a work issued phone and they require us to have a complicated password. They also disabled the finger scanning. I saved my password as a hot key and used to use that to simplify logging in, but now with Lollipop it doesn't work. The hot key is still there and it works everywhere outside of the lock screen.

2) Why isn't my "owner information" showing up on the lock screen anymore? I get it with the new notifications now showing up, but why give the option to have "owner info" (and it is still an option with Lollipop) when it doesn't work??

Ridgeback47

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a Verizon Galaxy S5 with Lollipop 5.0. I have a couple of questions regarding the lock screen

2) Why isn't my "owner information" showing up on the lock screen anymore? I get it with the new notifications now showing up, but why give the option to have "owner info" (and it is still an option with Lollipop) when it doesn't work??

Previously I just had the notifications blocking my view of the "owner information", but then saw that my accuweather banner on lock screen was blocking it and I couldn't do anything with it. I force stopped the Accuweather application and now I can see my message.So besides notificaitons, if you're running anything like Accuweather that is putting a message on lock screen, that's the issue. Not sure why the "owner information" message isn't at the bottom of the screen like it was before. Hopefully they move it back down with an update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty