Phones not ringing

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S5 on Sprint and my wife has a Galaxy Rugby Pro on AT&T, recently we both have had times where the phone doesn't ring but then we get the voicemail notification. Have verified that ringtones are turned up and checked all the extremely obvious stuff but it has happened intermittently. Has anyone else had this issue and if so what fixed it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There are apps and services available (like SlyDial) that allow a person to call and go directly to a person's voicemail--which the caller may want to do because they don't want to have an actual conversation with the recipient. Is that possible?

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
My mother in law has an old flip phone still so doubt she was using an app to call my wife. Other cases it is possible, but can't be 100% sure.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, just checking. Usually, it's the husband or wife who would SlyDial the mother-in-law anyway, not the other way around.:p

Nick Brennan

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
My S5 on Sprint fails to receive txts or I'll send a txt and it will never get to the recipient. But it will show as sent. General delay of mm txts also. My phone also won't even ring at times. Just nothing. My wife has called me in the same room and my phone just sat there. You're not alone :(