Why can't I get the alarm to work on the Samsung S5?

Rick Dabate

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I can't get the Alarm to work on the Samsung S5

Android Version: 5

Every time I set an alarm, it goes off, but complelty silent. I keep my phone on mute at night because I don't want to hear anything. But the Alarm, used to go off even though on mute.
Here what I've done so far.

Settings > Sound and Notification> Application Notifications > Clock > Priority (Set to On)

Settings > Sound and Notification> Application Notifications > Interruptions
Sound Mode = Mute
Set priority interruption period: Here, I selected every day, and start time of 12:00AM and a End time of 11:59PM.

I thought these settings would cover me, but the Alarm still, does not sound.

Any ideas on how to get the Alarm working when the phone is set on Mute Mode?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: I can't get the Alarm to work on the Samsung S5

Android Version: 5

Every time I set an alarm, it goes off, but complelty silent. I keep my phone on mute at night because I don't want to hear anything. But the Alarm, used to go off even though on mute.
Here what I've done so far.

Settings > Sound and Notification> Application Notifications > Clock > Priority (Set to On)

Settings > Sound and Notification> Application Notifications > Interruptions
Sound Mode = Mute
Set priority interruption period: Here, I selected every day, and start time of 12:00AM and a End time of 11:59PM.

I thought these settings would cover me, but the Alarm still, does not sound.

Any ideas on how to get the Alarm working when the phone is set on Mute Mode?

Welcome to Android Central!

Check out this article about how to get it to work.

Ask AC: Why won't my alarm sound after the Lollipop update when on mute? | Android Central

Rick Dabate

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site

Nothing in that post makes any sense regarding the alarm? When you go to Settings > Sound and Notification> Application Notifications > Interruptions you can see a little note from Android that says, "Alarms are always considered priority interruptions". The alarm itself comes up, but no sound. I've tried everything and I can't figure out how to get my alarm back with sound to actually make an alarm useful.

I really don't want to have to get a thrid party ap for this, Can someone please help?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

Nothing in that post makes any sense regarding the alarm? When you go to Settings > Sound and Notification> Application Notifications > Interruptions you can see a little note from Android that says, "Alarms are always considered priority interruptions". The alarm itself comes up, but no sound. I've tried everything and I can't figure out how to get my alarm back with sound to actually make an alarm useful.

I really don't want to have to get a thrid party ap for this, Can someone please help?

Basically what it is saying is that the Alarm will not go off in Mute Mode.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

When I put my phone in Mute Mode, the Alarm does not beep. So Basically it's useless.

Yeah, I don't know the logic they use on some of the things they do. They like changing things that already work to something that does not work for people.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95