Question Contact Editing

Galen10

Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
I use a Motorola g84 5G running Android 13 - but this used to happen on other phones too. Every time I add or edit a (google) contact, I get a notification sound a minute or two after. When I check it, there is no written notification there to see. I have, of course, gone into settings and turned off notifications for the Contacts app - it doesn't help. My guess is that it comes from Google when the change is added to my cloud backup. How do I stop just that one sound, please?

Regards,

Bob

girogighonghadze

Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
It sounds like you're experiencing an issue with unwanted notification sounds after adding or editing a Google contact on your Motorola phone. Since you've already tried turning off notifications for the Contacts app without success, it's possible that the notification is related to Google's cloud backup service.

To address this issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Open the "Settings" app on your phone.
2. Scroll down and tap on "Google" or "Accounts."
3. Select your Google account.
4. Look for "Google Contacts" or "Contacts Sync" and tap on it.
5. You may find an option related to notifications or sync settings. Try disabling any notifications or sounds related to contact syncing.

If you can't find the specific option to disable these notifications within your Google account settings, you may also want to check the settings within the Google Contacts app itself, as there may be an option to manage notifications related to syncing or backup.

If the issue persists, you could consider reaching out to Motorola or Google support for further assistance, as they may have additional insights or solutions for this specific issue.

Reactions: winmod21

Galen10

Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
1. Open the "Settings" app on your phone.
2. Scroll down and tap on "Google" or "Accounts."
3. Select your Google account.
4. Look for "Google Contacts" or "Contacts Sync" and tap on it.
5. You may find an option related to notifications or sync settings. Try disabling any notifications or sounds related to contact syncing.

This Part did it. I found the setting buried deep in the Google settings and it seems to have worked - so far anyway. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: girogighonghadze

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana