How do I get my Galaxy S5 to work after getting the F.B.I. virus?

Bronson johnson

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
how do i get my galaxy s5 to work after gettimg the f.b.i. virus it will not do anything

once the phone is powered on it will not respond just the virus screen please help

androidfan202

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: how do i get my galaxy s5 to work after gettimg the f.b.i. virus it will not do anything

Hey!

Unfortunately, you will have to factory reset from the recovery menu to get back into your phone.

If you can turn off your phone by holding down the power button, turn off your phone. If you can't, take out your phone's battery for 10 seconds and put it back in.

Next, boot into recovery mode by holding down these buttons: VOLUME UP, HOME, and POWER. When you see the Galaxy s5 logo, let go. Now you are in the recovery screen.

Use the volume up/down keys to navagate and power to select.

Scroll down to factory reset and select yes. Go to wipe cache and select yes. Now select reboot system.

Your gs5 should be good now! :)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: how do i get my galaxy s5 to work after gettimg the f.b.i. virus it will not do anything

If the virus installed as a system file, that won't help, so you'll have to reflash the ROM (since a factory reset doesn't remove system files).