Question How Do I Get Rid Of Unwanted Chrome Notifications?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2556607
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2556607

I tried to download a YouTube video from a YouTube video downloader site. That's when this happened. My Samsung Galaxy S21 5G keeps on getting several unwanted fake Google Chrome notifications saying virus detected. How do I get rid of them? What happened to my phone for this to happen?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230413_215601_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230413_215601_Chrome.jpg
    350 KB · Views: 6

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure those are true notifications -- they look like they could be browser popups designed to look like a notification, hoping to trick the user into installing something malicious. The most reliable way to turn them off would be to avoid that site completely.

Stay away from "free" YouTube downloader sites. Those are often rife with adware and malware. They are also of questionable legality, and definitely violate YouTube's terms of service.

Reed warren

Apr 16, 2023
Visit site
I am constantly getting amessage from (walclub) eleven (11 times) yesterday and each time I reply STOP, I get a message stating, (undelivered mail returned to sender), I am getting fed up with this undelivered response. I want to know if this from Android, and if so WHY WONT IT STOP????

STOP MEANS I AM NOT AT ALL INTERESTED!!!! SO LET'S GET IT STOPED!!!!!

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
For the few weeks I used Chrome a few years back, I'd always get those kinds of pop-ups. Only while using Chrome.

I got rid of them by disabling Chrome outright (since you can't delete it), and only using Firefox for browsing. Never had another pop-up since.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I am constantly getting amessage from (walclub) eleven (11 times) yesterday and each time I reply STOP, I get a message stating, (undelivered mail returned to sender), I am getting fed up with this undelivered response. I want to know if this from Android, and if so WHY WONT IT STOP????

Welcome to Android Central! You mentioned that you're replying STOP, and then getting an "undelivered" response, which makes it sound like these are emails or SMS text messages, rather than Chrome notifications or browser pop-ups. These kinds of spammers will almost never honor a "stop" or "unsubscribe" request -- in fact, it will probably just let them know that they reached a real person, and trigger even more spam.

If it's an email, your best bet is to report it as spam using the Gmail app, which will teach Gmail to recognize future emails from the sender. If it's an SMS message and you're using the Google Messages app, then long-press it and tap the Spam button (the one that looks like a circle with a slash through it).

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201