How can I keep an unlimited data plan with wifes old S5 on Verizon?

A

AC Question

Verizon "keep unlimited data plan" with wifes old S5

My wife has an S5 (she has limited plan) that is has an available upgrade. I have a casio commando gzone with unlimited data ( 3G). If she upgrades to the S6, can I just transfer my account to her old phone and keep my unlimited data plan? I see the verizon site automated phone activation site suggests to have the "purchase information handy" when you call to activate the phone.

Any help appreciated.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Verizon "keep unlimited data plan" with wifes old S5

If the has the s5, I doubt her upgrade to s6 will allow her to keep the s5. Is she going to edge up? If that's the case, she has to return the s5.
If,somehow she gets to keep it, then once she activates her s6, you pop in your SIM card (yes verizon has a SIM card) în the s5 and activate it as you would any phone. If you don't have a SIM card, just go to Vz store and get one (make sure you don't lose your unlimited plan when getting a SIM card)

Posted via the Android Central App

D B7

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Update,

She was able to:
1. Upgrade to S6
2. Keep her old phone and x-fer to my phone # account & I keep my unlimited data.

My Gzone commando did not have sim card, but that was no problem. Verizon tried their best to talk her out of it and go with "edge", they talked about how much money we would save, but she wasn't having it. All good now.

Btw, her S5 was only about 5 months old. They seem to take upgrades from the oldest phone on your account ( a very good thing) so that keeps your upgrades "fresh". Thats why she was already eligible for an upgrade.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch