Why can't people hear me when I call on my Samsung S5 unless I turn my speaker on?

A

AC Question

people i call on my samsung s5 cant hear me unless i turn speaker on

my phone was working fine then suddenly people I was calling could not hear me yet I can hear them clearly. if I turn speaker on they can hear me

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: people i call on my samsung s5 cant hear me unless i turn speaker on

Welcome to Android Central! Check the phone mic opening to make sure it isn't blocked or clogged with debris. If it looks fine, then the mic might have failed.

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site

I had to stick an earring end in the mic to unclog it worked like a charm. Of u do tht at your own risk worked for me thoe

Posted via the Android Central App

provisr

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site

my phone was working fine then suddenly people I was calling could not hear me yet I can hear them clearly. if I turn speaker on they can hear me

This exact thing happened to my S5 a few months ago. After talking on speaker for weeks I finally brought my phone in. Got a replacement. Worked fine for a few weeks then same thing. Got another replacement. Within two days the third replacement had same issue. It must be an app or SIM card or??? Anyone have any ideas? Verizon is clueless at this point.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

If you keep it in the same linty place, it could be clogging the hole in days every time.

Can't be the SIM card - that would prevent the call if it was defective, not outgoing audio.

It could be an app holding onto the internal mic, but since we don't know what apps you have installed, the guesses would be all over the map.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38