How can I fix an issue with my S5 and corporate exchange, only over internal wifi though?

A

AC Question

Issue with S5 and corporate exhcange, only over internal wifi

I have a good one for you...hopefully you've seen or heard about this before. Our galaxy S5's do not work with our corporate email, but only when connecting to our internal wifi network.

Turn off wifi on the phone, and the email will sync.

Take the phone elsewhere (home, for example) and the email works fine with wifi.

Use an S3 or an Apple phone, and email works with wifi inside our building.

So it's clearly a problem that the S5 has with our internal wifi, but I have no real clue what to check or why it's JUST the S5 that has an issue. Any ideas?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Issue with S5 and corporate exhcange, only over internal wifi

I have a good one for you...hopefully you've seen or heard about this before. Our galaxy S5's do not work with our corporate email, but only when connecting to our internal wifi network.

Turn off wifi on the phone, and the email will sync.

Take the phone elsewhere (home, for example) and the email works fine with wifi.

Use an S3 or an Apple phone, and email works with wifi inside our building.

So it's clearly a problem that the S5 has with our internal wifi, but I have no real clue what to check or why it's JUST the S5 that has an issue. Any ideas?

Welcome to Android Central!

It could be that your internal WiFI is blocking the port that the exchange email uses.

Check out this list of ports that exchange uses for clients. This is for the 2013 Exchange server but should work for most. I don't believe they have changed the ports.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb331973(v=exchg.150).aspx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty