Volume keys always turn phone to silent or ringtone even when screen off and locked

slickBC

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I've had my S5 for a year now. I noticed ever since the 5.0 upgrade that i got in April for my ATT S5 that I have been missing calls and texts due to my phone going into silent in my pocket because the dreaded volume keys are able to press themselves in my pocket even with the screen locked and off. I don't see an option to stop this behavior and to me it seems like an OBVIOUS place for there to be an option.

What can I do to stop this? Even worse sometimes it will click up to a high ringtone volume and go off when I am in a meeting at work.

Please please help.

Thanks,
SlickBC

slickBC

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
I just started using the app Volume Locker... Altho I hate using an app for one stupid function as it is clunky it seemed to work.

And after a few weeks what do you know, the problem is magically solved itself even without Volume locker doing its thing...

So far Lollipop has proven least stable for quirks like this in my experience. Attributable to a stream of updates or just glitches galore? I don't know.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez