Samsung Galaxy s5 repair question?

ddbcmusa

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
My housing bezel on my S5 has dents and scratches. So i want to replace the old one, with a new one i just ordered. But problem is i don't know how to do this. Not really that i don't know but more like i'm not sure exactly, how to change it. I have little experience doing this. I have tried it once on my old Samsung galaxy note 2. And it was a piece of cake, all i had to do was pop off the housing, with my nails or ply tools. But on all the videos i've seen on youtube on how to this on the Galaxy s5, it shows them removing the screen first or melting the glue first to loosen it. I unfortunately don't have the tools to do that. With the tools i have, I can only pop it off like the Note 2. So do i really need to melt the glue down on the Samsung galaxy s5 screen first or remove it first before i can remove my housing bezel and replace it with a new one Or can i just snap it off like the samsung galaxy note 2 or is there an alternative way of getting the bezel off without touching the screen at all?
Thanks in advanced i could really use the help.

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing the adhesive also acts as a defense against water getting in around the screen so it might be a pain to try & replace the S5's bezel. It could also adversely affect the ip67 rating also...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa