Sprint Samsung Galaxy s5: Why can't I scroll down to see the notification panel on the lock screen?

darkm1st

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
It's really annoying how my phone somehow can't view the notification panel where to turn off WiFi and Bluetooth on the lock screen. The Galaxy s4 and the Galaxy s6 and some other Galaxy s5 has it but why doesn't my phone have it? Because I have sprint? I can't scroll down from the top of the lock screen, nothing happens.

Here is a video:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0s4Rsb2RYaod2ZRZm9BMjVSaTQ/edit?usp=docslist_api

*notice how I cant scroll down on the lock screen to see notification panel

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you using a secure lockscreen? If you are, that's a Samsung security choice (secure lockscreens are that, secure, so no data access whatsoever) unless the carrier removes it, and I haven't seen many that do remove it.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Just go to your Settings, the Device area, Lock Screen Option and select any non-secure lockscreen methods like Swipe or None. Bear in mind that this means anyone can access your phone without a password or pin or pattern! Also, if you have any accounts set up that 'take over' your security settings (most corporate MS Exchange accounts do) you might not be able to set up a non-secure lockscreen unless you remove said account.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa