Why does my S5 phone take so long to go to unlock the screen when I try to unlock it?

A

AC Question

why does my S5 phone take so long to go to unlock screen when I try to unlock

HI.
I am having a problem with my S5.
When the phone is locked (black screen), i have to push the home button about 20 times and wait sometimes a minute before the phone goes to the unlock screen.
The phone then works perfectly and all apps still running.
I have about 1GB free space on my internal memory. and also have a lot f space on my eternal card.
What is the easiest way to fix this? Restore factory default?
Thanks
Dean

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: why does my S5 phone take so long to go to unlock screen when I try to unlock

Welcome to AC.

Try first a Cache Partition wipe, which is much simpler and will cause no loss of personal data.

Posted via the Android Central App

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: why does my S5 phone take so long to go to unlock screen when I try to unlock

HI.
I am having a problem with my S5.
When the phone is locked (black screen), i have to push the home button about 20 times and wait sometimes a minute before the phone goes to the unlock screen.
The phone then works perfectly and all apps still running.
I have about 1GB free space on my internal memory. and also have a lot f space on my eternal card.
What is the easiest way to fix this? Restore factory default?
Thanks
Dean

Welcome to Android Central!

You could be having the S voice home button bug. I would try opening up s voice go to the top right and tap on the three dots go to the settings and uncheck lunch with HOME key. See if that fixes the issue.