Camera Zoom FX saving

colyn1353

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Camera Zoom FX (the paid version) is considered by many to be the best camera app for Android. However it still does not allow the Lollipop user to save the images to the SD card. Other camera apps easily allow to do so but Camera Zoom is still operating in the KitKat days. Whenever I try to set the save location it seems to think my phone still has KitKat and will not allow it to save to my SD card. Other camera apps do let me save to the SD card.

Anybody know when they will get up to snuff and allow for saving to the SD card??

thecomicbookandme

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
However it still does not allow the Lollipop user to save the images to the SD card.
You can save Camera Zoom images to the SD card the same way that you save downloaded images, screenshots, etc. First you need to locate the Camera Zoom picture in device storage.
Go to the My Files app., device storage. Select "Camera ZOOM". Scroll down to the bottom of the file. If taken in RAW format, try Camera ZOOM temp. If not in the "Camera ZOOM" folder, try the "Pictures" folder. Once found, move to SD card. You'll have to make a folder on the SD card, but it will be there for future Camera Zoom pictures. You just need to move them after taking, like you would any other picture you get other than from the default camera.

Yea, heavy and a bottle of bread.

Last edited:

colyn1353

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
You can save Camera Zoom images to the SD card the same way that you save downloaded images, screenshots, etc. First you need to locate the Camera Zoom picture in device storage.
Go to the My Files app., device storage. Select "Camera ZOOM". Scroll down to the bottom of the file. If taken in RAW format, try Camera ZOOM temp. If not in the "Camera ZOOM" folder, try the "Pictures" folder. Once found, move to SD card. You'll have to make a folder on the SD card, but it will be there for future Camera Zoom pictures. You just need to move them after taking, like you would any other picture you get other than from the default camera.

'

I'm already aware of how to transfer images to the SD card but the stock camera automatically saves to the SD as well as a few other camera apps. I figure since they are up to date a paid app like Camera Zoom FX should have been up to date soon after Lollipop came out..

colyn1353

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
What other camera apps other than the stock camera do that?
You can't answer because there are no after market camera apps that save automatically to the SD card.

Give me something difficult to answer but to answer your question Camera FV-5 and Open Camera both let you set the save to the SD card..

colyn1353

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Can you provide a screenshot of the settings of these camera apps to prove your point? I just downloaded Open camera and can't figure out how to do it.

With Open Camera settings-more camera controls-tap use storage access framework to place a check mark in the box then open save location and you will see the SD card as an option.

In Camera FV-5 settings-in the left column tap the second icon down in storage location tap custom location then in custom storage folder pick which one you want..

thecomicbookandme

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
You're right, and I'm sorry for being a jerk about it. One thing I don't understand is why you think Camera FX Zoom is better than these two. Even the free ones seem to have more options and features than FX Zoom.

colyn1353

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
No problem..

I had used Camera Zoom FX long before I started using these other apps and since I had paid for it I assumed they would update it to save where I wanted but I guess not..

My understanding is all of the camera apps as well as others could do the same thing if they used the Lollipop storage framework..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX