How to turn off BBM's Instant Preview on S5?

texn884

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
HI all,

A friend of mine has a Galexy S5 and uses BBM and now for some reason she is getting BBM Instant Previews at the top of her screen and she wants it turned off!

How do I tell her to go in and turn them off?

Any screen shorts that I can send her since i use my BlackBerry Passport

midnightdoom

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
HI all,

A friend of mine has a Galexy S5 and uses BBM and now for some reason she is getting BBM Instant Previews at the top of her screen and she wants it turned off!

How do I tell her to go in and turn them off?

Any screen shorts that I can send her since i use my BlackBerry Passport

I don't know how much Samsungs options differ from the Priv. But I can't seem to find anywhere on my Priv to shut off the previews the pop up. I see toggles to shut off notifications, one for priority to put them at the top. And one for sensitive so they won't display when phone is locked..

Not just for BBM, I can't find anywhere for any of my apps to specifically say not to show instant preview, seems to be notifications or no notifications.

Unless it's different on Samsung

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix Newsroom C003BA5E3 | Facebook.com/NetflixNewsroom *-*

texn884

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I think its in the BBM app someplace where you have your bbm contacts.

I know on my passport I can go into the app and swip down from the top and click on settings and you find it there but with android I dont have a clue unless I have the phone in my hands

texn884

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I know if you go into the bbm app on my Passport you swip down and then click on setting and you can turn them off there.

Not sure if its the same on her phone

Feldon

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I doubt this is specific to the Samsung Galaxy S5 and instead an issue of BlackBerry Messenger and the Notifications panel. Sorry I'm not more help.

midnightdoom

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I doubt this is specific to the Samsung Galaxy S5 and instead an issue of BlackBerry Messenger and the Notifications panel. Sorry I'm not more help.

I'd have to agree. I can see option for sms messenger and email accounts but not BBM

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix Newsroom C003BA5E3 | Facebook.com/NetflixNewsroom *-*