I want to change my settings to save pictures to my SD Card, not internal storage. HOW?

Jesika2289

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I already know and have set my pictures and videos that I take with my phone to automatically save to my SD card. But how do I set pictures I download or save off the Internet or music to automatically save to my SD card?

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I already know and have set my pictures and videos that I take with my phone to automatically save to my SD card. But how do I set pictures I download or save off the Internet or music to automatically save to my SD card?

If you're using the Samsung browser, you can change the settings so it downloads content to your SD card directly. Open up the browser, settings, content settings, default storage.

thecomicbookandme

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
But how do I set pictures I download or save off the Internet or music to automatically save to my SD card?
You can't get them to automatically save to the SD card, Jesika.
Take screenshots as an example. When you take a screenshot, it is saved to device storage.
Open the my files app and select "device storage". Find the screenshot you just took, usually in a "pictures" file. Using the three dots upper right corner, move the screenshot to the SD card. You will need to make another screenshot file in the SD card.
Now whenever you take another screenshot, it still will be saved to device storage, but when you open the gallery app you'll find the new "screenshot" file you made and you can move it easily.
The SD files in the gallery will be designated by a little card icon lower left corner. (see example following...)

Yea, heavy and a bottle of bread.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-10-17-39-59.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-03-10-17-39-59.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty