Samsung s5 on lollipop, constantly freezing and battery draining fast

MrsSmall

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi there, I updated to lollipop several months ago, for the first few weeks it was like having a new phone, it was really fast and responsive and even the battery consumption seemed improved. Unfortunately since then it's gone downhill, now it freezes constantly, I can be in the middle of typing a message and suddenly it will freeze and will take at least 2 seconds to respond to each touch of a button. If I try and multi task it will also freeze. The battery consumption is terrible, I charged it to 100% this morning and it's already down to 55%, I've done quite a lot of texting and some very mimimum browsing and that's it! I use battery doctor and clean master to shut down apps running in the background and clean app caches, I also wipe the system cache on a regular basis, I don't know what more I can do. Is anyone else suffering with a similar thing or does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you x

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
First, I suggest uninstalling Clean Master. Automatically closing background apps is not how Android is designed, and these kinds of "RAM cleaner" apps can actually impact performance by doing that kind of thing. It takes energy and time to reopen apps, so if it's happening hundreds or thousands of times, that can add up.

Also try it in Safe Mode, which can tell you if the problem is being caused by 3rd party apps: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10696

BlurryEyed

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
If you upgraded to Lollipop and haven't done a full factory reset, I would suggest trying it.

Back up first of course...

Posted from AC on Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900V

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty