Galaxy S5 Phone Logs do not display call duration

A

AC Question

When I select Phone > LOGS and select a call from the list, it will display the history for that number but it only includes the date and time called, not the call duration. Is there a way to view the duration?

I have seen screen shots of other phones/android versions and they are different; They select Phone > HISTORY and when they select a call from the list, they get a 2 line display per call with the duration on a second line.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900P, Sprint) running Android 5.0

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Can you take a screen shot of what you are seeing and link it here so we can see what you're seeing? My logs all show duration, but you have to go into each number to see the details.

Phone > Logs > Tap the number (that's it)

Screenshot_2016-04-11-09-09-50.png

Mine is a GS5 on the Bell Network in Canada running 5.1.1

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
When I select Phone > LOGS and select a call from the list, it will display the history for that number but it only includes the date and time called, not the call duration. Is there a way to view the duration?

I have seen screen shots of other phones/android versions and they are different; They select Phone > HISTORY and when they select a call from the list, they get a 2 line display per call with the duration on a second line.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900P, Sprint) running Android 5.0

Welcome to Android Central!

Most manufactures use their own dialers and they all operate differently.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Wow... that's not right. Thanks, Sprint. I guess they don't want you checking how long you're on the phone. As itguy says above, your dialer is obviously tweaked to suit Sprint. Try looking on the Play store for a different dialer, or try the Google Hangouts dialer. It's really good but only uses a data connection (either WiFi or 3G/4G)