S5 Over 60 background processes?

Duncan171

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
S5 Over 60 background processes

Hi all

First post. I have had a look through the forums and can't find a definitive answer to this question.

S5, was fine until recently then noticed the battery started draining rapidly, used to charge it once or twice a week, now it lasts just over a day maybe 2.

I use battery doctor, always have, it's set to super optimise, it used to kill approx 5-15 processes depending on how much I'd used it.

A couple of days ago, it found and cleared 66 background processes, most of which I've never heard of, no wonder the battery is draining so quickly.

Strange thing is, I can let battery doctor clear these 66, put my phone down, not use it, pick it up 10 minutes later and it will clear another 60 ish!!!

I always close an app properly when I've finished using it.

I don't use loads of apps on my phone, occasional Facebook,email, messenger etc.

I even restored it to factory settings yesterday and only installed the few apps I use, with the same results.

Its still running Android 5, not on Marshmallow yet.

Cheers

Duncan

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: S5 Over 60 background processes

Hi all

First post. I have had a look through the forums and can't find a definitive answer to this question.

S5, was fine until recently then noticed the battery started draining rapidly, used to charge it once or twice a week, now it lasts just over a day maybe 2.

I use battery doctor, always have, it's set to super optimise, it used to kill approx 5-15 processes depending on how much I'd used it.

A couple of days ago, it found and cleared 66 background processes, most of which I've never heard of, no wonder the battery is draining so quickly.

Strange thing is, I can let battery doctor clear these 66, put my phone down, not use it, pick it up 10 minutes later and it will clear another 60 ish!!!

I always close an app properly when I've finished using it.

I don't use loads of apps on my phone, occasional Facebook,email, messenger etc.

I even restored it to factory settings yesterday and only installed the few apps I use, with the same results.

Its still running Android 5, not on Marshmallow yet.

Cheers

Duncan

Hello and welcome to Android Central Duncan!

I will keep this brief as you need to do some reading to bring you up to speed.

First and foremost, lose Battery Doctor. It will be using more battery than it is saving. You don't need to close down tasks. See...

Task killers and memory cleaners can actually do more harm than good and you should stop using them

Next, some apps are well known battery drainers and memory hogs. See...

Battery, memory, data hogs... top 10

There is an app from the Play Store that can disable your phone's apps that you may not use, called Package Disabler Pro (Samsung). Use with care as you do not want to disable a system app that you may need.

Grab a coffee and start reading. :)

Duncan171

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site

Hello and welcome to Android Central Duncan!

I will keep this brief as you need to do some reading to bring you up to speed.

First and foremost, lose Battery Doctor. It will be using more battery than it is saving. You don't need to close down tasks. See...

Task killers and memory cleaners can actually do more harm than good and you should stop using them

Next, some apps are well known battery drainers and memory hogs. See...

Battery, memory, data hogs... top 10

There is an app from the Play Store that can disable your phone's apps that you may not use, called Package Disabler Pro (Samsung). Use with care as you do not want to disable a system app that you may need.

Grab a coffee and start reading. :)

Thanks for that ironass. It made for interesting reading. I had been reading similar earlier, but there are so many conflicting opinions about task killers etc its hard to know what to believe. The Package Disabler Pro Samsung looks interesting, but as you say, use with care [Language edited by Mod]I don't want to disable a system app that I may need, how does someone like me know which ones I need and which ones I don't?

Last edited by a moderator:

Duncan171

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site

Read all and acted upon, and if anything it's got worse now, battery lasts less than 24 hours with minimal phone usage, I really don't understand what has changed to cause this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall