Voice mail/call volume

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Suddenly my volume when retrieving Voice mail messages, the volume is very low, even with the speaker on . All other sounds in all apps, is normal. What could be wrong? Thanks.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0 Verizon

Last edited by a moderator:

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Voice mail volume

Have you checked all 4 volume controls?

Yes. All other sounds are fine. The problem started when I reconfigured the voice mail settings. Please check my settings. They are : *86 space, and the last 4 of my password, followed by the #. Thanks.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Call volume

Suddenly, incoming and outgoing calls are barely audible. All the volume settings are set to Max. What could be wrong? Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Call volume

How about through wired or Bluetooth headsets? Does this persist after a reboot?

I would wonder if there's a problem with the headphone jack. You know how audio through the speakers can be reduced in half if a headphone plug is not quite inserted all the way? Maybe the jack is malfunctioning and thinks there's a plug partway in (even though there isn't). Inspect the jack to make sure there isn't any debris in there.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

How about through wired or Bluetooth headsets? Does this persist after a reboot?

I would wonder if there's a problem with the headphone jack. You know how audio through the speakers can be reduced in half if a headphone plug is not quite inserted all the way? Maybe the jack is malfunctioning and thinks there's a plug partway in (even though there isn't). Inspect the jack to make sure there isn't any debris in there.

Your suggestions have been tried. I restarted and rechecked the earphone jack and the speaker orifice. I don't know what else to check. If my memory is not fading, I seem to remember a similar problem about a year ago but the problem miraculously disappeared. Thanks again for your help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

But can you clarify--are calls also really low volume through headphones (wired or Bluetooth), or only through the phone's earpiece speaker?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

But can you clarify--are calls also really low volume through headphones (wired or Bluetooth), or only through the phone's earpiece speaker?

The volume is low through both the headphones and earpiece speaker. The earpiece speaker is low also without the headphones. All other sounds are functioning normally. As I mentioned in a previous post, about a year ago, the problem went away by itself. Any other suggestions?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Try this IMANUT46... plug in your headphones and play some music. Then, close down the music app before removing the headphones. Reboot your phone and then check your speaker volume with no headphones.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Try this IMANUT46... plug in your headphones and play some music. Then, close down the music app before removing the headphones. Reboot your phone and then check your speaker volume with no headphones.

Apparently I have a problem with either the headphones or the jack. No amount of giggling or adjusting will make the headphones work. Unplugged, the sound works fine. I'll borrow some headphones that work and see if it's the jack that is the problem. I'll let you know. Thanks again for your help.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

I'm guessing that the problem lies with the contacts in the headphone port of the phone which can be jammed open and assume that the headphone jack is still plugged in. Some posters have tried using a cocktail stick to gently un-jam the contacts or you could take it for repair. By all means, try another headphone in your phone to test this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez