Anyone use the 'Tin Foil for Facebook' app?

Lerxt07

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Buddy recommended I use this app since it looks like I'm being forced to install FB Messenger now. I DL'ed it but when I tried accessing my inbox, it crashed. Keeps crashing.
I'm confused about the settings. What am I missing here?

jljecj

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Tried it. It's just a browser wrapper. They'll be cutting that cord soon. But that's why it crashes it's not fully functional with the messages. They want everyone on the messenger app.

Lerxt07

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Awww &^$@! Of course. Makes sense. Well, I'm not giving in. Either another app comes along that can do the trick or I simply not bother with Inbox messages while I'm on my phone. I wish there were mass outcry over this crap. They might backpedal if it got enough bad press.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
They might backpedal if it got enough bad press.

FB is making billions, and has a billion regular users. They wouldn't care if 50,000 users stopped using it... They are like the Borg. You will be assimilated.

Personally, I don't "LIVE" in Facebook land. I use Metal Pro for my Facebooking "needs" on my phone (set up for NO notifications), and I'm like you. If you send me a message, I'll find out later that day. Or evening. Or whenever. My close friends know better to use Hangouts or SMS.