Facebook Messenger black/white screen on Samsung TabPro 12.2 Help

ron3033

Mar 23, 2022
Visit site
Hi
Facebook messenger was working on my Samsung TabPro 12.2 SMT 900. Now it either gets a white or black screen and does not open at all. It will open FB Messenger on my lesser Samsung Tab E Lite SMT 113.
I tried to, clear cache, force stop, clear storage in messenger app, as well as reload messenger app. Accessing messenger through FB still same thing, and accessing Messenger by itself does not work either. Tried incognito mode does not work, dark mode nope.
Chrome version 95.0.468.74 will no longer update farther and Samsung Internet version 13.2.3.2 are the browsers installed.
Totally stumped and confused here. Any help appreciated. I know this is older tablet, but works well otherwise.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's a really old tablet, and from what I can find, the highest Android version it reached was Lollipop 5.1.1. This is likely too old to be compatible with FB Messenger now, or to get any further updates to Chrome (which is up to version 109 now). I would suggest recycling that tablet and looking into upgrading to a more modern one.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I merged your duplicate posts and made you the owner of the original guest post. I realize that you know this is an older tablet, but it doesn't change the fact that modern apps often don't work well with such an old OS version. The only option you probably have is to look for an APK of a much older version of the app on APKMirror.com (which is fairly safe, since it's run by Android Police) and hope that works -- but there's no guarantee that'll work either, since the servers might not recognize it, or there might be newer security protocols that make old versions incompatible.

ron3033

Mar 23, 2022
Visit site
Thank you for the advice. We are going to look for new Tablet..... probably Samsung TabS7FE. ( any thought about TabS7FE) They seem to be good and are big screen.
I thought about getting the old tablet rooted.... but I do not really understand it well enough and could result in locking the old tablet up completely. And I guess there is no going back to what and how the tablet worked before, if you lock it up when rooting it. Also I heard apps will not be accessible ftom Google play store?
Thank You

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You can try accessing Facebook through web browser but old Andriod version such as the one you have going cause problems

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe