Samsung s5 and computer [Win7 Ultimate ] hidden files problem

chas521

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I need to add something to an app's folder which is hidden but even though when I connect my s5 to my computer via a USB cable all the files/folders show up, hidden folders remain hidden. I have allowed all hidden files to be shown on both the s5 and the computer using ES File Explorer on the phone and Folder Options on the computer but still nothing. Driving me crazy. Any ideas? Thanks. FYI, using Marshmalllo 6.01.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Was the folder 'hidden' using security tools like Knox or hiding files from the Gallery? If so, only those apps can unlock them for editing. Also, if the folder you're trying to write to is in the phone's root directory, you won't have access to modifying those; even if the folder were visible, you couldn't write to it anyway. For that, you'd need to 'root' your phone so you get access to that part of the phone.

chas521

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
First of all, thanks for replying. It's nothing to do with the phone's internal OS but an app that I added. I know the app files can be edited via a USB cable because I know folks that have already done it before. But for some reason the internal files/folders on the internal and the SD card show up when connected but not the hidden folders where I need to do some editing. The phone works fine so I doubt that the problem is with it. BTW, my computer shows the hidden stuff just fine.

EDIT: I believe that the s5 uses Linux OS. Since the computer uses Windows, could that be a reason why the phone's hidden files cannot be seen on the computer?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laralynn88