To change your default settings,

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Before the update to Marshmallow, when I was in a news reader and hit the share command, my email address was inserted into the TO: field of my email client. As I remember Lollipops message, I would have to choose JUST ONCE, OR FOREVER. Once I selected FOREVER, I never had to do it again. How do I accomplish the same function in marshmallow? Thanks

Samsung Galaxy S5 Marshmallow 6.0.1 Verizon

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You just select the app. It will set the app selected at the first time as the default app.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
You just select the app. It will set the app selected at the first time as the default app.

Thanks. Please let me be specific about this issue. I have many News Readers. I read the headlines, then click on the story to read the entire article. When I select the SHARE command, the options include the one I want to use. I then get the Default message. When I click OK, and then select the next article, the SHARE command takes me to my Email client and I have to insert the TO field with a recipient. How do I fix it so the SHARE command works the same way all the time. Thanks.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Please let me be specific about this issue. I have many News Readers. I read the headlines, then click on the story to read the entire article. When I select the SHARE command, the options include the one I want to use. I then get the Default message. When I click OK, and then select the next article, the SHARE command takes me to my Email client and I have to insert the TO field with a recipient. How do I fix it so the SHARE command works the same way all the time. Thanks.

Go to settings > application manager > and then the defaults button. You can clear the default you set so you can set another one.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Go to settings > application manager > and then the defaults button. You can clear the default you set so you can set another one.

The defaults are cleared, but I don't have any other options to choose from to reset. Am I missing something?