Screenshot

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5, Android Marshmallow 6.01, Verizon network. How do I take a screenshot. I use the HOME button, it looks like the shot was taken. But I can't find it. Thanks

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to take a screenshot using Home and Power buttons pressed at the same time. Long-pressing only the home button activates Google Now, which if allowed to, takes information from whatever is currently on the screen and the animation resembles that of a screenshot being taken, but it's not actually saving the image.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's odd, it should be saved in a Screenshots folder on your phone and show automatically on your Gallery. Have you tried searching for the word 'screenshot' on your File Manager?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
That's odd, it should be saved in a Screenshots folder on your phone and show automatically on your Gallery. Have you tried searching for the word 'screenshot' on your File Manager?

Even though I have a Samsung Galaxy S5-Verizon 6.01, my screen is not the same as yours.
I found that I only have to press the START BUTTON without the POWER ON to have the screenshot availability show up. Select SHARE TO PHOTOS option and the screenshot is in the Photos file. It works for me. Thanks for your help.