Any reception issues?

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
There was an article a few weeks ago (elsewhere) about reception issues on the standard S6/S6E. The S6 had more dropped calls & took longer to connect to LTE. Not sure if it was a metal frame/antenna or software issue. Just curious for those who already have their S6 Actives if the reception for both calls & LTE networks is as good or similar as your previous phones?

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Had mine since last Friday. Behaves the same as any other ATT phone I've ever used.

Posted via the Android Central App

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
No reception problems here on either cell reception or LTE data. I'm actually getting better download speeds on this phone than I get on my unlocked Nexus 6.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
There was an article a few weeks ago (elsewhere) about reception issues on the standard S6/S6E. The S6 had more dropped calls & took longer to connect to LTE. Not sure if it was a metal frame/antenna or software issue. Just curious for those who already have their S6 Actives if the reception for both calls & LTE networks is as good or similar as your previous phones?

I haven't had any reception issues.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Galaxy S6 Active

tg185056

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I am having terrible reception. I have only had the phone for a day and have already dropped two calls and had to run down the hall next to a window to keep two others. I never had any issues with previous phone at the same location (at my office).

Tom

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

Link to article please?

tg185056

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
i'm getting close to returning the phone. I have had more dropped calls since I have had this phone than ever before. Text messages wont go out. Sad, because I otherwise LOVE this phone but, it looks like its going back to AT&T at this point.

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! It helps a little. Honestly I'll be curious to see how this thing performs when I'm not using it 12 hours a day straight. Always the way with new toys!

Try a swap out. My wife has logged over 1000 minutes in talk time on the phone the past 2 weeks, and isn't dropping any calls.