Who's going to upgrade?

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
My wife was reading the review and really liked that the S7 Active has the fingerprint scanner, but she is currently planning on staying with her S6 Active though she may change her mind later.

cajun456

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm staying with my S6 Active. I tried the regular S7 and found no advantage over the S6 Active except for the SD card. In addition, you also lose the IR Blaster, which I use more than I need the extra storage.

bobmurray1212

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I will be upgrading but waiting till the Note 6 comes out. Or maybe go to Nexus. No more branded phones for me. Updates are way to late. Security updates also. I'm shocked that with all the hacking going on security updates should be number one but we S6 Active owners are way behind.

Posted via the Android Central App

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Last year am thinking the Active dropped $100 in July from $695 to $595. This year they are starting at $795 & obviously unknown if they will drop the price at all. Plus didn't ATT add a new additional fee when you switch phones last fall?

I sold my S6A two weeks after getting it last summer. Kind of thinking about grabbing a S6A on ebay or swappa. Have seen some refurbished ones going for $300-$400. Not sure if it worth the risk & just thinking out loud. $800 is just a lot of money for how fast both the tech & market change.

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I like a few of the changes Samsung made with the S7A. The finger print scanner is a nice addition and they moved the speaker from the back on the S6A to the bottom on the S7A. The price is way up there though.

cajun456

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
They did on the S7. From the pictures, I don't see it on the S7 Active. It seems that for everything they give, they take something else.

Sorry, this is a duplicate post. I don't know how to delete it.

Last edited:

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
There's plenty of life left in the S6 Active. Personally, Marshmallow made a world of difference and I have yet to experience lag or random reboots.

I'm curious about what this year's Nexus will be as my ultimate goal is to make it to Project Fi. The S7Active is very nice though...maybe in Fall of 2017 I could land one for about $275-$300

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine is a year old
Thinking of upgrading but haven't decided yet.
I like the look of the black S6A better than the S7A but I don't think many agree with me.
Fingerprint scanner and bigger battery make the S7A enticing though

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
when I learned that the S7 Active doesn't have the IR Blaster, I decided to stick with my S6 Active. May seem silly but I use mine quite often at home.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded. Got 350 for my S6 Active the day I put it up for sale. Paid 550 new in box last June.

The Active is not my daily driver, but a niche device I usually use on the weekends etc. I plan to use it daily for 2 weeks to put it through it's paces during the return period.

I planned to hold out and did not expect to pick up the S7 active so soon until i sold my s6 active so quickly and then stopped by my local store and walked out with a gray S7 active in minutes. Lol!

Any of the upgrades alone is not enough to upgrade but if you want all three or four of the bigs ones, it is worth it to me.

Fingerprint scanner is excellent, especially if you use Samsung Pay a lot or use Chase and or BoA apps you can sign in with fingerprint.

Micro SD Card- is big for me since I take a lot of pictures and video of my kids. The 200 GB sd card has me pretty stoked!

Battery- never had an issue and even more beastly! Hearing of 7 and 8 hours of sceen on time!

Marshmallow- I know the S6 Active will get it, but the ability to control individual app permissions is big to me and I wanted it. Att is too darn slow with that update.

IR blaster- never used it and actually disabled the peel app because I thought it caused more issues than it was worth.
And the S7 Active does not have an IR blaster.

The S6 Active is a solid phone and device! I liked the colors better for the S6 active but went with the titanium gray S7 Active. Of course for those of you that are more patient than me, you will be able to pick up and S7 Active once you decide for a lot less $$$ than I did!

I tried to act like it was not a new phone to my wife but she busted me and I am still in the dog house! Lol!

Posted via my S7 Active with Samsung Pay!

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded. Got 350 for my S6 Active the day I put it up for sale. Paid 550 new in box last June.

The Active is not my daily driver, but a niche device I usually use on the weekends etc. I plan to use it daily for 2 weeks to put it through it's paces during the return period.

I planned to hold out and did not expect to pick up the S7 active so soon until i sold my s6 active so quickly and then stopped by my local store and walked out with a gray S7 active in minutes. Lol!

Any of the upgrades alone is not enough to upgrade but if you want all three or four of the bigs ones, it is worth it to me.

Fingerprint scanner is excellent, especially if you use Samsung Pay a lot or use Chase and or BoA apps you can sign in with fingerprint.

Micro SD Card- is big for me since I take a lot of pictures and video of my kids. The 200 GB sd card has me pretty stoked!

Battery- never had an issue and even more beastly! Hearing of 7 and 8 hours of sceen on time!

Marshmallow- I know the S6 Active will get it, but the ability to control individual app permissions is big to me and I wanted it. Att is too darn slow with that update.

IR blaster- never used it and actually disabled the peel app because I thought it caused more issues than it was worth.
And the S7 Active does not have an IR blaster.

The S6 Active is a solid phone and device! I liked the colors better for the S6 active but went with the titanium gray S7 Active. Of course for those of you that are more patient than me, you will be able to pick up and S7 Active once you decide for a lot less $$$ than I did!

I tried to act like it was not a new phone to my wife but she busted me and I am still in the dog house! Lol!

Posted via my S7 Active with Samsung Pay!

Busted huh haha

DroidFromVA

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Funny thing about the IR Blaster is that in Murica, Samsung bundles the phone with a not so great third-party app for controlling Samsung TVs and in other countries, Samsung has released their own - far better - app for controlling Samsung TVs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress