Are Your Cases Ready?

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone get the Samsung Flipsuit case as one of the free accessories? I did bc otherwise the credit would have gone to waste as there was nothing else I wanted and I really didn't want this but what the heck.... If you put it on, you lock screen turns into a slightly animated version of the back. It's actually amusing. I'd rather the trim in black but it's amusing. It's probably just going to the drawer after the novelty wears off.

7943ac63c5dfc62b33bff611203d1148.jpg
dc419874f6a3616b7e5167543986f062.jpg

kide#WN

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I see the TORRAS Magnetic Ostand Ring Case
on sale on Amazon right now. But when I checked the reviews, even if they all great, the pictures of the S24 Ultra phones in the reviews are not real S24Us. Can tell by looking on the camera lenses. Probably dummy phones. The most reviews show verified purchase. Makes me wondering if most reviews are fake.
One guy mentioned that the magnetic ring is not good with car MagSafe charging because the case moves during driving. Any thoughts on this statement?

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to ask an embarrassing question. What exactly is this mag safe case? Does it allow you to stick your phone onto any metal surfaces magnetically or does it allow you to stick something to it that you can charge and transfer files with like a normal cable would?

myn

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
ThinBorne Aramid case arrived!

Quick review.. This is by far the best Aramid case I've had on any phone hands down.

Some things that makes this case a stand out:

1) Finish is Aramid of course but what sets this apart is the texture. Not rubbery but gives this extra feeling of grip.

2) There is an extra tiny little lip on the top and bottom parts that protects the screen if you were to set it down or drop it on the front glass. This is a major improvement from my last Aramid case where there wasn't anything protecting the glass.

3) Precision cut holes with no rough Aramid fibers exposed. This is another biggy. My prior Aramid cases, the edges in some places you could occasionally feel sharper spots where the Aramid fibers were somewhat exposed. This case it's really smooth all the way around.

4) Mag-Safe is strong!. I've had a few mag-safe cases in the past that weren't strong in holding the phone up in a vertical position and occasionally sometimes they'd fall off, especially in the car during bumpier rides. The Mag-safe in this is thin and not exposed on the back to keep the clean flat back and similarly not raised on the opposite side so it doesn't have the potential to scratch your phone. I was a little concerned about this before I got it but after trying it on a Mag-Safe charger, it sit's on the charger securely with good magnetic force.

Once my phone arrives will update with an update on fit.

20240126_131827.jpg

Reactions: ClintRo

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Okay I'm making another post cuz I have a question about this case I want to get my husband It was in the Verizon store I had a $15 off coupon I just went online and it said I could get it for 25% off but he wants to try the MagSafe too and this wasn't a magnet case but they make it in a magnet case for a little more money and it's expensive but his birthday Sunday and I'd like to get it but I need opinions if UAG good.

This was called XTE and it look like it had a magsafe ring on it But it was actually a kickstand to use and landscape or portrait and it was expensive but it didn't say anything about magnet when I googled it it said oh we make a pro That is a magnet and it's only $5 more but a Verizon had it I would get it cheaper. Is UAG good and has anybody ever seen this case? Amazon has it UAG says out of stock but i signed up for their text to get 15% off. May be a little to rugged for my husband but if it protects good it seems cool and he would like having the kickstand since he doesn't use popsocket. I'm wondering how well it protects the camera.

View attachment 359052
I just bought this case on Saturday. It's a good case, the ring works great as a stand or extra support when holding. It has a very weak magsafe feature. I personally love the magsafe option for car mounts and holders. I ordered 2 Mous cases with magsafe built in.

Reactions: Rose4uKY

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to ask an embarrassing question. What exactly is this mag safe case? Does it allow you to stick your phone onto any metal surfaces magnetically or does it allow you to stick something to it that you can charge and transfer files with like a normal cable would?

MagSafe is an Apple creation - their phones are equipped with a magnetic ring that allows the phone to attach magnetically to mag safe accessories - which maybe be anything from phone holders in the car, wireless battery packs, finger rings. It's very popular and if you put a case one an iPhone, many cases come with a MagSafe connector passthrough so you can continue to use the feature even with a case on. You can tell this with the recognizable ring with with the vertical bit at the bottom.

Samsung Galaxy phones do not have this magnetic ring of course, so many case manufacturers are now producing cases with this magenetic ring so that you can use many of the MagSafe compatible accessories that were originally intended for iPhones. I never used it, but a lot of forum members like it. I've so far do have some cases with it but I only use it for a magnetic finger ring so I can keep a good grip on the phone (don't like pop sockets).

It won't let you stick to a metal surface. The accessory will have the magnetic ring that will adhere to the ring in your case. While it also supports wireless charging accessories. It does not support any sort of data transfer. Most people use it for car mounts that have a MagSafe connector to hold your phone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Never feel embarrassed , hopefully kupcrazy answered your question.

jinxygrrl1

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
Did anyone get the Samsung Flipsuit case as one of the free accessories? I did bc otherwise the credit would have gone to waste as there was nothing else I wanted and I really didn't want this but what the heck.... If you put it on, you lock screen turns into a slightly animated version of the back. It's actually amusing. I'd rather the trim in black but it's amusing. It's probably just going to the drawer after the novelty wears off.

7943ac63c5dfc62b33bff611203d1148.jpg
dc419874f6a3616b7e5167543986f062.jpg
That's really cute (and I also ordered one with the credit). Thanks for sharing!

Attachments

• 1706625770462.png
    1706625770462.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: KupKrazy

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
MagSafe is an Apple creation - their phones are equipped with a magnetic ring that allows the phone to attach magnetically to mag safe accessories - which maybe be anything from phone holders in the car, wireless battery packs, finger rings. It's very popular and if you put a case one an iPhone, many cases come with a MagSafe connector passthrough so you can continue to use the feature even with a case on. You can tell this with the recognizable ring with with the vertical bit at the bottom.

Samsung Galaxy phones do not have this magnetic ring of course, so many case manufacturers are now producing cases with this magenetic ring so that you can use many of the MagSafe compatible accessories that were originally intended for iPhones. I never used it, but a lot of forum members like it. I've so far do have some cases with it but I only use it for a magnetic finger ring so I can keep a good grip on the phone (don't like pop sockets).

It won't let you stick to a metal surface. The accessory will have the magnetic ring that will adhere to the ring in your case. While it also supports wireless charging accessories. It does not support any sort of data transfer. Most people use it for car mounts that have a MagSafe connector to hold your phone.
Thank you for explaining!

Reactions: KupKrazy

Ed_Grohl

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Got the Spigen thin fit case. Also got the Ringke Easy Film for a screen protector. Went on like a dream. Very happy with both.

kide#WN

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
So, after I returned a Spigen Tough Armor case back to Amazon, I saw on the Spigen website a Slim Armor case with MagSafe. This case is not available on Amazon. It costs more to order from Spigen, but they had a promotion back in January.
Today I received the case and like it more than Tough Armor.
It has a sturdy stand and rounded sides, easier to hold compared to Tough Armor. Hopefully MagSafe will work well with car holder I plan to order.
Edit: Just tried to attach a phone in this case to the fridge door and it slides down. The S24U is too heavy.
Tried magnetic charger and it holds strong. Can lift a phone by holding the charger and it stays attached. Not sure about the car holder.

1000002037.jpg1000002036.jpg1000002035.jpg

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Pitaka Magsafe (Sunset). Fiber case with a textured back. Very minimal protection, so it gives you the feel of the phone. Definitely impressive case. Especially if your looking to go minimal and want the benefit of a Magsafe. A bit pricey, but I don't feel the need to buy multiple cases ...LOL
7046ff66827f004aeaff47f3ef93cd40.jpg
I love that pattern. It does look like a sunset.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Pitaka Magsafe (Sunset). Fiber case with a textured back. Very minimal protection, so it gives you the feel of the phone. Definitely impressive case. Especially if your looking to go minimal and want the benefit of a Magsafe. A bit pricey, but I don't feel the need to buy multiple cases ...LOL
Are you getting the magnetic ring holder?

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Beachboy63

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
I'm considering that case. I much prefer thin, minimal cases. Question - Does the lip of the case that extends above the top and bottom of the screen feel sharp? In photos, the case looks so thin that the lip that protrudes to provide protection when the phone is face down looks like it would feel uncomfortable. Also, is the case slippery or does it feel grippy? Thanks for your input!

Reactions: The_Woo

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
I'm considering that case. I much prefer thin, minimal cases. Question - Does the lip of the case that extends above the top and bottom of the screen feel sharp? In photos, the case looks so thin that the lip that protrudes to provide protection when the phone is face down looks like it would feel uncomfortable. Also, is the case slippery or does it feel grippy? Thanks for your input!
I tried to get a good picture for you. The lip on the top and bottom is rounded and barely extends, plus I have a screen protector as well too though.
You may also notice the sides are very low, and does not cover the entire sides of the phone. Not a fan of that, but it's not a deal breaker.
Case is textured. Has a decent grip, but not a grip that you would get from a good silicone case, etc.
67c73b6840394b62b6bc7662d191e066.jpg

Reactions: BEaRebel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloThere