HTC One M8 to iPhone 6 to Galaxy S6 Edge+

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Haven't been on here for a while now...8-9 months maybe? Anyway, I've been using an iPhone 6 since September while playing with my old HTC One M8 on the side. Then a few months ago, I sent my M8 to my daughter who was in need of a phone. So I'm in the Apple ecosystem pretty much exclusively at that point other than my work laptop. But I always kept an eye on Android and wondered when I would come back. Read many articles and blogs every day to keep up with the landscape.

So last week, my company replaces my old iPhone 5 with an iPhone 6 so that I was then carrying two IP6's. That was all it took. Waited anxiously for the release date (today), then went out at lunch and picked up the GS6E+. I haven't had a lot of time with it yet, but what I have, I'm thrilled. I am psyched for the weekend to start so I can play with it.

I kept my personal iPhone 6 just in case I have problems with the E+ and need to take it back. But if it goes as well as I hope, I'll be selling my iPhone in the near future. I'll still have my work iPhone to mess around with, but I'll be having fun with my Galaxy most of the time.

BTW, I'm not a fanboy of any particular ecosystem...I'm just a gadget geek who likes to be on the cutting edge and likes to mix things up. After giving my M8 to my daughter, that was the first time in 5 years I had not had an Android device of some time...usually as my daily driver. That includes the original Motorola Atrix, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3, HTC One, HTC One+, Galaxy Note 2, HTC One M7, and HTC One M8.

Will post more later with initial impressions. Cheers!

Anthony Martins Rock

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like quite a trip. I'm sure you will have fun playing with the new tech. I really like that I rarely need my lap top even for my work since using Android based devices. Being able to use, manipulate and re-share ANY and all data across platforms on the fly without clouds or synching and still remains the biggest difference between Apples OS and Android. I hope you have fun and I'm sure you will end up with what works for you.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87