S6 Edge Plus Default Apps Keep Resetting

phillyball

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Just got a new Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus and every time I install ANY new app, I lose all my default application settings. So every time I try to run something, it'll ask me what application I'd like to use. So annoying to have to set them all up again every time I install any app. Anyone else have this problem?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello, welcome to the forums! It's normal that installing a new app will reset some defaults, but only those actions that can be performed by this new app.

phillyball

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately, this is every default setting. Example, today I installed a world clock widget. Shortly thereafter, every default application was wiped out. Literally. I went to the default apps menu in the settings page, and it was blank. This happens with any app that I install.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Any updates to the OS recently? You might want to try a cache clear in recovery, or the settings menu.

From my G4
Android Central Ambassador Team Leader

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Try to go to the application manager and clear app data and cache on the settings app

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

phillyball

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
So, I tried everything listed. Everything was fine until I installed a new app. Then all default apps settings got reset again. I should probably add that it's not immediately after installing an app. It's usually about a few hours after. Can't say for sure it's the installation of a new app that's causing it. But I will say that I haven't had the problem for more than a week until today. I didn't install any new apps during the last week until today. Then bam, after instalkinf a new app, all my default apps were wiped out today.

phillyball

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Disregard the last message. Finally figured out what it was. Turns out its due to the Samsung Kids Mode app. Just so happened that most apps I recently installed were for my daughter, and I would launch Kids Mode shortly thereafter. Took me a while, but finally figured it out. Thanks to all on this list for your help though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty