unable to unlock the phone, touchwiz not responding

cinek

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
for the past few days I've been having issues with the phone. I sometimes cannot unlock the phone at all. By pressing the power button only the bottom buttons light up (back and app switching thingy) but not the screen. Usually pressing the power button brings up the restart option however today that wasn't the case. I pressed power and home buttons (not sure if this makes any difference) and after about 40 seconds it kicked back to action however touchwiz stopped responding. I restarted my phone anyway but it was last restarted y'day afternoon. Never had such problems with my note4

has anyone experienced this?

cinek

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
has any1 figured out a workaround? It sometimes happens multiple times during the day. Very annoying. Really considering downloading a 3rd party launcher

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
has any1 figured out a workaround? It sometimes happens multiple times during the day. Very annoying. Really considering downloading a 3rd party launcher

I have it as well, see this thread:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/an...68-random-huge-lag-when-unlocking-screen.html

Installing Nova Prime didn't help.

Clearing the cache partition helps though, it would work for a few days then the problem comes back again, then you'd have to do another wipe for the cache partition. I am selling this phone because of this, can't stand it.

cinek

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
thanks, if samsung doesn't fix this I'm going to have to do the same, need my phone to work 100% of the time not every now and then

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
samsung replied to my tweet saying I should take it to their service center

BSб Don't bother, they will just reload the same software and reset it back to factory settings and the issue will come back in a few days, it's all over the internet.

On a side note, uninstalling Textra fixed the problem!! Do you have Textra installed by any chance?? I can't believe that was the virus that's causing this lag!

cinek

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Nope don't have it installed. Where else did you find posts about this?(apart from AC)

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Update, since doing the following, I haven't experienced this freezing bug when unlocking:

1- Power off your phone
2- Hold the Volume Up + Home + Power Button simultaneously to start your device in the advanced mode
3- Wipe Cache partition twice
4- Reboot your phone
5- Install Package Disable Pro and only disable the Ant+ Radio crap + BBC Agent + Briefing + com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks + DCMProvider + Hangouts + Market Feedback Agent + Safety Information + SapaMonitor
6- Install SD Maid Pro and let it clean everything it finds
7- Run Smart Manager which should be preinstalled on your phone, and select Clean ALL
8- Reboot your phone

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried flashing with the latest firmware from Samsung mobile?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

no why would I? My phone came with 5.1.1 stock and that is the latest version. Plus, I fixed the problem as I mentioned, why would I want to flash anything? Not gonna fiddle around with my phone and destroy it like I did with my previous Note 4. After rooting the Note 4, I kept getting TouchWiz has stopped working random errors even after unrooting it and installing the stock OS, it damaged my phone permanently. Never rooting or installing anything but official OSes anymore. This device is too expensive to risk.