I think my charger has killed two Edge+ phones in two weeks?

MerciSamantha

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
I think my charger has killed two Edge+ phones in two weeks

I bought an Edge+ and love it. My second week with it, it stopped charging and it would get super hot on my nightstand. For the record, this is the charger it comes with.

Phone burned me, but still wasn't fully charged. Took it to the store and the girl there said I should my make the screen completely black to charge and don't use it. Tried that and burned my hand again. Called Verizon and they swapped out for me. I've had the phone for a week and it started doing it again.

Didn't charge fully while I slept. Only made it to 33 percent. Made a quick call and played a game and screen went white and looked burnt out and completely shut down. Tossed it on a different charger for the last 20 mins and still nothing.

I had a feeling it was the charger in the first place, but is there anything I can do to get it on or am I screwed?

MerciSamantha

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Re: I think my charger has killed two Edge+ phones in two weeks

*Bumped for an update* Was able to get the phone on for split second - but the screen still stayed off. Got the Samsung jingle, the blue light popped on and now it's shut down again.

Third times the charm when it comes to phones?

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

Did you use the first charger with the second phone, or did you swap that out also?

Audiorage22

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site

*Bumped for an update* Was able to get the phone on for split second - but the screen still stayed off. Got the Samsung jingle, the blue light popped on and now it's shut down again.

Third times the charm when it comes to phones?

At this point, you should contact customer service and have a new phone with new accessories sent out. When you explain that situation, they will take care of it. Don't rely on the reps at the store. If the phone is burning your hand, that's a big deal. Let us know how it goes.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38