Was Charging Phone And Fell Asleep -__- Does This Damage The Phone Or Battery?

Studio Ghibli

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
So i was charging my 6edge plus cuz it needed to be charged but i fell aslep cuz i was freaking tired and i forgot i was charging it. probably been a few hours. does over charging the phone damage the phone or the battery? this is the first time this has happened. should i be worried?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
No. It will stop charging once the charge is full. I've charged every smartphone I've owned overnight while I was sleeping and never had battery issues.

Studio Ghibli

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
thanks for the reply. i didnt know it stops charging once its fully charged.. is this the only phone that does this or s it cause its a smartphone and stuff?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Not just phones, but all modern devices that use lithium ion batteries like notebook computers, tablets, cordless drills, toys.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
ohh!! great news at least i dont have to worry bout overcharging it.. i was so upset lol
It's worse for the battery to let it drain too much. Lithium ion batteries have no memory like the old nickel cadmium batteries. Lithium ion batteries last longer if they aren't discharged too low too often. It's best to charge it when it gets to around 40% and not let it get lower than that on a regular basis. Topping off the battery regularly helps it last longer, for instance putting it on a car charger on the way home from work.

MikeB17

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I had to replace 2 batteries on my previous to previous s3 because they got fat from what I was told was overcharging. The cover wouldn't close and the batteries' charge got progressively worse. Perhaps battery technology has greatly improved in the 3 or so years since but I don't overcharge.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non