S6 edge + on AT&T Not Receiving Some Text Messages

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I got my wife an S6 edge + for AT&T about a week and a half ago. She loves it more than her S6 edge that she had since last year. HOWEVER, she has one major issue - she is not receiving all of her text messages. And it seems sporadic. Doesn't seem to be network or anything else related. We just can't make heads or tails of it.

Anyone else have a similar issue and/or know how to get this fixed? We communicate during the day through text and it's really annoying responding 14 times to the same thing and her constantly sending me messages asking if I ever responded!

Thanks!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if related, but the only time I've had issues with texts not reaching me (and I'm on T-Mobile) or getting garbled, truncated text when someone sends me an emoji (the latter only happens when the message originates on an iPhone), is FROM AT&T... so there might be some network-related stuff here.

I don't personally own an S6 Edge+ but my brother does and he doesn't seem to have issues with texts (I'd know, I'm always the first he asks when he runs into tech issues hehe), but he's on a Mexican carrier, so can't really compare to AT&T's network.

The issues I've had with AT&T users have been on a Note 4 and Note 5.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if related, but the only time I've had issues with texts not reaching me (and I'm on T-Mobile) or getting garbled, truncated text when someone sends me an emoji (the latter only happens when the message originates on an iPhone), is FROM AT&T... so there might be some network-related stuff here.

I don't personally own an S6 Edge+ but my brother does and he doesn't seem to have issues with texts (I'd know, I'm always the first he asks when he runs into tech issues hehe), but he's on a Mexican carrier, so can't really compare to AT&T's network.

The issues I've had with AT&T users have been on a Note 4 and Note 5.

Thanks. It's just strange since she basically switched from the same phone where she had no issues. I'm going to try clearing her cache and maybe a SIM swap at AT&T. That may help out. Who knows? Maybe someone who has dealt with this will chime in in the mean time.

HolyBuckeye

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Been having the same problem and Im on Verizon, not sure if it's the App (using Textra) or the phone. Also people haven't received texts I've sent on occasion

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Been having the same problem and Im on Verizon, not sure if it's the App (using Textra) or the phone. Also people haven't received texts I've sent on occasion

I think I've figured it out for her phone. It seems like if I send anything with more than 160 characters she doesn't get it.

Not sure how to fix this, though.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
So it still isn't working. She gets some texts. She doesn't get others. Sometimes she doesn't get calls either. I think a trip to AT&T might be in order.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer