S6 sometimes becomes completely unresponsive, then does everything at once

GhostS6

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
I've had my S6 Edge+ brand new for about 6 months now and this issue first started I think after a week of having it and occured in total about 4 times so far, so it is rare.
It has happened both when it was in low battery mode and when it wasn't.

Each time it happened, the phone was in standby mode or just exited standby mode.

What happens is that the touch screen, home button, power button and volume buttons all become completely unresponsive. The screen remains on and won't dim during that time.

Then after between 15 to 80 seconds later, any action I performed in the meantime (as a result of button presses, swipes, etc) happens all at once, as if it has been working fine and stored all my commands to run later.

Any ideas if that's normal and what I can do to solve this or does it mean the phone is faulty?

GhostS6

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
It happens so rarely that I'd probably have to stay in safe mode forever to see if it recurs sadly :/
In terms of apps, I hardly use any 3rd party ones - WhatsApp and WeChat are the only ones running in background (task manager).

Problem is pretty much that in skid_'s thread, just not as often and I have SmartStay and stuff off by default and am on latest firmware from VodafoneUK.

So I gather it is a handset issue and potentially worth getting a replacement? 928F as well

skid_

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if you need a replacement or not.

My problems disappeared some months ago, not sure if it was fixed via an app update or hot fix via the carriers it just doesn't do it any more.

The fault could be so varied it's difficult to pin point.

I went into the Samsung centre and they was unaware of the problems but I told him it was being mentioned in many forums but they just wasn't prepaid to acknowledge it.